This is a difficult post to write, but I’ve written worse, haven’t I? Hunter is coming home from a 60-day stint in a very hardcore rehab facility tomorrow. I’m staying in a hotel nearby his facility, as it’s about 3+ hours away home; he will be discharged at 8:00 a.m.
Photos: Tahna Edwards
My stomach hurts. It’s been hurting for, hmmmm, well over 60 days. I’ve emotionally flogged myself bloody and gotten really sick during the process of Hunter’s addiction. It’s not just his situation that’s making me so weak and skinny again, but the worrying isn’t helping.
My SilverFox husband and I visited Hunter on Sunday. He looked healthier than I’ve seen him in YEARS. No dark circles under his eyes, clear skin, strong and muscular from working out and eating well. He was sweet, funny and gracious and introduced us to the many other residents. It’s still all kind of a blur, though.
I’m still remembering the skinny little junkie...and I’m scared. He just turned 22 and this was his 5th time in rehab. I want to believe with all my heart that everything will be okay, I really do. But.
Expect current photos of a healthy Hunter very soon.
I seriously just came across these scary and haunting photos a few minutes ago, and I cannot stop crying.
Hey. Looks like we need a heads up on alcohol poisoning. The news of Amy Winehouse’s death from alcohol poisoning is heart-breaking and frighteningly close to home, as some of you know–but my loved-one is on the mend and doing well, if any of you are wondering. (Always feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org — I’ll most certainly respond!)
Amy Winehouse died of excessive alcohol consumption, having consumed enough alcohol on the day of her death to render her more than four-and-a-half times over the drink drive limit, an inquest has heard.The inquest, which took place today (October 26) at St Pancras Coroners Court, has recorded that the singer’s death was as a result of “misadventure”, reports BBC News.St Pancras coroner Suzanne Greenway, who conducted the hearing, said:
“She [Winehouse] had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death.”Three empty vodka bottles, two large and one small, were found at her house in Camden, resulting in the singer’s blood containing 416mg of alcohol per 100ml. The legal drink-drive limit is .08 mg.
We all knew that eventually it may come to this for Amy. I remember being told by my dear friend Derek in Germany–and of course they all knew before we did here in the States. I was bummed…then it just started to hurt more and more. Most of you can understand why…
Hunter, at Moondogs
I am so very appreciative of those of you who have taken the time to ask about Hunter and how he’s doing. You have no idea how much your love and empathy mean to our family. I’m hearing Hunter laugh again. He’s reading classic books…Hemingway and the like, along with the hilarity of David Sedaris thrown in for good measure.
Hunter loves and cherishes all the letters and cards he’s been receiving. Again…if you’re interested in contacting him, let me know. xoxo ~ j