I wasn’t kidding. I totally blasted that poor-quality 2007 YouTube video of Prince’s Superbowl Half-Time Show in Miami. Oh, tinny-sounding laptop speakers.
Actually, I was multi-tasking. I was making a pineapple upside down cake (which turned out to be waaaay too sweet for my liking, and quite a bit of a hassle), and I was bitching about the BEPs, Urrrsher while I also sniffed around Twitter. I needed the comfort of the funny folks on my Timeline to get me through this mess. And they came through with some hilarious tweets. I’ll share a few, but I’m not naming names with regard to who posted these awesome tweets:
1. Axl Rose is rolling over in his grave; on his birthday (which is today). ( — Because, get it? He’s not DEAD.)
2. Really don’t like the Black Eyed Peas, but you have to agree their #Superbowl performance is visually great (that doesn’t include Fergie).
3. I’d rather watch a black guy pee than watch the Black Eyed Peas.
4. Creed, Godsmack, Nickleback… I’m just listing the only three artists that would have been worse than the Black Eyed Peas’ halftime show.
5. I wonder if Fergie and Will.I.am ever forget the names of the 2 other Black Eyed Peas?
6. Oh also.. The Black Eyed Peas redefined the term “terrible” tonight.
7. Most awkward moment of the super bowl? When Fergie was trying to find the proper position to hump Slash’s guitar.
8. Fergie was a hot tone deaf tranny mess. I’m sad she didn’t piss herself.
9. Fergie managed to ruin Slash, and the idiot with the tron helmet cockblocked Usher. Fergie should have just pissed again.
And my FAVORITE:
10. Was Fergie a more masculine version of Axl Rose during that solo of Sweet Child of Mine?
Honest to Pete. Can we just either NOT have pitchy, garish, and embarrassing Superbowl Half-Time shows EVERY AGAIN…or just have Prince perform EVERY SINGLE YEAR? We’re BEGGING YOU!!