This couple bores me to tears. Josh Duhamel is either allegedly cheating on Fergie, or she’s allegedly getting more plastic surgery to look even more like a dude. I cannot get to the MUTE button fast enough if I have to hear Fergie screech, so yeah.
Oh, HEY! Congratulations on that baby, you guys!
Maybe it’s just that I don’t care for the Blacked Eyed Peas, and I’m totally taking it out on Josh and Fergie?
I wasn’t kidding. I totally blasted that poor-quality 2007 YouTube video of Prince’s Superbowl Half-Time Show in Miami. Oh, tinny-sounding laptop speakers.
Actually, I was multi-tasking. I was making a pineapple upside down cake (which turned out to be waaaay too sweet for my liking, and quite a bit of a hassle), and I was bitching about the BEPs, Urrrsher while I also sniffed around Twitter. I needed the comfort of the funny folks on my Timeline to get me through this mess. And they came through with some hilarious tweets. I’ll share a few, but I’m not naming names with regard to who posted these awesome tweets:
1. Axl Rose is rolling over in his grave; on his birthday (which is today). ( — Because, get it? He’s not DEAD.)
2. Really don’t like the Black Eyed Peas, but you have to agree their #Superbowl performance is visually great (that doesn’t include Fergie).
3. I’d rather watch a black guy pee than watch the Black Eyed Peas.
4. Creed, Godsmack, Nickleback… I’m just listing the only three artists that would have been worse than the Black Eyed Peas’ halftime show.
5. I wonder if Fergie and Will.I.am ever forget the names of the 2 other Black Eyed Peas?
6. Oh also.. The Black Eyed Peas redefined the term “terrible” tonight.
7. Most awkward moment of the super bowl? When Fergie was trying to find the proper position to hump Slash’s guitar.
8. Fergie was a hot tone deaf tranny mess. I’m sad she didn’t piss herself.
9. Fergie managed to ruin Slash, and the idiot with the tron helmet cockblocked Usher. Fergie should have just pissed again.
And my FAVORITE:
10. Was Fergie a more masculine version of Axl Rose during that solo of Sweet Child of Mine?
Honest to Pete. Can we just either NOT have pitchy, garish, and embarrassing Superbowl Half-Time shows EVERY AGAIN…or just have Prince perform EVERY SINGLE YEAR? We’re BEGGING YOU!!
During Thursday’s game between the Dallas Cowboys and the New Orleans Saints, it was announced that the Black Eyed Peas would be headlining the half-time show for Super Bowl XVL. FOX will be broadcasting the event, which will be held at Cowboys Stadium on February 6, 2011.
Although more than 153 million tuned in to watch legendary band , The Who perform earlier this year during half-time, there were lots of complaints that “geezers” had taken the Super Bowl. (No, not Bret Favre.) Past performers include Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Paul McCartney. While they have appealed to older viewers, and music snobs, the show for the past couple of years hasn’t been that exciting. Although The Rolling Stones rocked it, maybe this in response to the backlash that followed Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake’s performance which resulted in a nip slip.
[Editor’s Note: However, the BEST half-time performance (according to DivaJulia,the Editor of Dipped in Cream, anyway…) wasPrince2007…I say, gotDAAAAYUM. Who else could make it rain hard while performing Purple Rain??]
It’s not that I don’t appreciate acts like The Who, but I have been changing the channel during half-time because it’s so boring. The Black Eyed Peas, as annoying and ubiquitous as they have become, do put on a good show.
Now, if only we could get them not to perform their new song.