Meryl Streep and that hideous dress.
Honestly. You know it. I know it. Say it with me: VIOLA DAVIS WAS ROBBED.
Billy Crystal was well, Billy Crystal. Corn-ball, old-fashioned (and not in a good way) and painfully dull.
If it hadn’t been for Angelina Jolie and Her Leg, what on earth would have been the point of watching tonight’s awards, forpitysake?
So. Here is the list of the winners:
- Best Picture: The Artist
- Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, The Artist
- Best Actress: Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady
- Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, Beginners
- Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, The Help
- Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist
- Best Animated Short: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
- Best Short Documentary: Saving Face
- Best Live Action Short: The Shore
- Best Original Screenplay: Midnight In Paris
- Best Adapted Screenplay: The Descendants
- Best Original Song: “Man Or Muppet,” The Muppets
- Best Original Score: The Artist
- Best Visual Effects: Hugo
- Best Animated Feature: Rango
- Best Documentary Feature: Undefeated
- Best Sound Mixing: Hugo
- Best Sound Editing: Hugo
- Best Film Editing: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Best Makeup: The Iron Lady
- Best Costume Design: The Artist
- Best Art Direction: Hugo
- Best Cinematography: Hugo